Roots Discourse

Windows 10: I was not asked about the CSS Framework in Setup

Hello everyone.

I am reading the docs and trying to follow things throw. On the Theme Installation stage, it says the following:

You will have the option to define theme meta information (name, URI, description, version, author) and choose a CSS framework.

I did not get any prompts like that. It all just ran throw without it asking me for any name, URI, description, version, author or CSS Framework.

I wish to use Bulma and I don’t know how to now. I’d greatly appreciate any help and clarification.

• Did I do something wrong in the setup that caused the skip in the prompts?
  • Now that I am past that, how do I set things up for Bulma CSS Framework?

Thank you.

Did you use composer create-project when installing the theme? I know it’s a redundant question, but want to make sure as some would type composer require from muscle memory alone.

Otherwise, try composer run-script post-create-project-cmd.

Thanks for the quick response @Log1x, yep I used composer create-project.

I also tried composer run-script post-create-project-cmd and I got this:

Gotcha.

I assumed you were using WSL. For actual Windows, there is no direct fix as TTY simply isn’t supported.

See this issue for a work-around (running the commands manually)- but otherwise, I’d suggest anyone doing development on Windows to learn, use, and get comfortable with WSL.

If you’re interested, the Windows docs can help you get started.

I’ve been there so I will just put the commands to run the preset. Run it inside theme directory.
Preset will be the one for Framework option.

vendor\bin\sage preset
vendor\bin\sage meta
vendor\bin\sage config

I’ve no idea what WSL is, but if it is Linux on Windows, could I not use a Linux Virtual Machine via VirtualBox or something?

Yeah, Windows Subsystem for Linux. I urge you to try it out as it will be vastly more performant and provide a more “native” feel than that of a virtual machine.

Otherwise, if you insist on the VM route, Trellis would be up your alley which uses vagrant along with VirtualBox. I’m afraid all of the documentation live on the site will urge you towards the WSL route either way, though. But it does not differ too much in terms of just installing VirtualBox and vagrant via Windows and pulling down the Trellis repo and doing:

$ vagrant plugin install vagrant-winnfsd
$ vagrant up

I believe there may be more to the above steps, though. You will be making it harder than it needs to be by not using WSL, honestly.