Yarn build:production without assets when removing font-reference

I already commented this in this thread about yarn build:production not compiling scss-assets but as this is actually an own different problem with similar symptoms and I got no answers so far, I decided to open this new thread.

in main.scss I have @import "common/font";

in common/_font.scss I have linked a font like this:

// SOURCE SANS PRO
// this css-code was created via https://google-webfonts-helper.herokuapp.com/

/* stylelint-disable */
/* open-sans-300 - latin */
@font-face {
  font-family: 'Open Sans';
  font-style: normal;
  font-weight: 300;
  src: url('../fonts/open-sans-v17-latin-300.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
  src: local('Open Sans Light'), local('OpenSans-Light'),
       url('../fonts/open-sans-v17-latin-300.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
       url('../fonts/open-sans-v17-latin-300.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
       url('../fonts/open-sans-v17-latin-300.woff') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers */
       url('../fonts/open-sans-v17-latin-300.ttf') format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
       url('../fonts/open-sans-v17-latin-300.svg#OpenSans') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
}
/* stylelint-enable */

funny thing is I’m not using the font anywhere … I’m instead importing google fonts via google cdn in setup.php and using a completely different font. so I don’t need the _font.scss file and want to delete it - together with the font in the /fonts folder. but thats not possible, it will break my production build …

As soon as I delete the file _font.scss AND/OR the @import in main.scss I will get a page without compiled custom scss on yarn build:production .

I tried deleting the dist-folder and .cache-loader. Of course I also did browser hard refresh, etc … doesn’t help.

yarn build works perfect.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

@josialoos, pop the error you get after running the build:production task here, sounds like you’re referencing the font file somewhere, hopefully the error message will clarify.

hey thanks for your reply @slowrush

I’m not getting an error. build:production protocol looks perfectly normal except main.css is very small and does not contain any custom styles as far as I could figure out. result on localhost is a white page without custom styles. only bootstrap css works.

And I’m not referencing the font anywhere. I tripplechecked that of course.

any other ideas?

Are you using Sage10? Sound like it may be the purgeCss plugin stripping out all your styles, comment it out in the webpack.mix.js to confirm

No I’m on Sage9. Could that still be the issue?

Nope, don’t think purgeCss is setup by default in sage 9 although I haven’t used in in quite a while.

I’d start by clearing out all css and just do a few simple imports to verify it’s building/compiling scss correctly with the build:production task.

If that doesn’t work it may be something up in webpack config / build scripts.

Without any errors / access to the code it’s pretty tough to identify the issue. Best of luck!

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.