ACF Pro Frontend Form Errors with Sage

I am having issues implementing a frontend form using ACF Pro.

Currently, when I add acf_form_head(); as described in the ACF Pro documentation to my template. It gives me this error -

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /base.php:9) in /wp/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1207

The post is actually created, but it shows that error instead of redirecting to the new post.

I tried putting acf_form_head(); in the base.php file before get_template_part('templates/head');

That still gave me the same headers already sent by error.

Then I tried putting it in the functions.php file like this

add_action( 'init', 'brandpage_form_head' );
function brandpage_form_head(){
    acf_form_head();
}

This no longer gives me the headers already sent by error, but instead it creates duplicate posts.

I’ve tried putting that acf_form_head(); function in header.php, head.php and in the footer, but nothing has worked yet.

Does anyone know where I should put this function in my Sage/Bedrock set up?

I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Pretty sure you are not using namespaces with your action:

This should work fine putting the function in base.php and I don’t think that it’s a namespace issue.

Make sure the function is added before the <!doctype html> and remove any whitespace that is outside the <?php and ?> tags.

1 Like

Thank you!!

That worked perfectly!

Hi all,

I get a

Fatal error: Call to undefined function Roots\Sage\Extras\acf_register_form() in /var/www/public/wp-content/themes/okisam/lib/extras.php on line 566

but just in localhost and domain.dev. But in production works perfect. I got same code in development and production.

Removing function from lib/extras.php in development then I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function acf_form_head() in /var/www/public/wp-content/themes/okisam/base.php on line 7

from acf_form_head() in base.php, after following @Foxaii indications.

Same story here. Works fine in production.

Pretty weird. Any ideas what could it be related?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.