Adding folder paths to bud.config.js in .entry

I wanted to create a react folder in the resources folder, and have spent a couple of hours playing with .setPath('@react', './resources/react') followed by .alias('@react', app.path('@react')) based on the documentation.

I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding something, or missing something entirely, but when I go to compile the scripts, the error I get is [bud@5.8.7] [bud] › ✖ '@' is not a registered path. It must be defined with bud.setPath

This is the whole block, which I’ve tried adjusting the .setPath, and the alias about:

module.exports = async (app) => {
//    app.setPath('@react', './resources/react')
//          .alias('@react', app.path('@react'))

app
        .setPath('@react', './resources/react')
        .alias('@react', app.path('@react'))
        .entry({
            app: ["@scripts/app", "@styles/app"],
            editor: ["@scripts/editor", "@styles/editor"],
            react: ["@react/app"]
        })
        .assets("images")
        .watch("resources/views/**/*", "app/**/*")        
        .proxy("http://example.test")
        .serve("http://0.0.0.0:3000");
};

What are you trying to accomplish with your use of .alias()? If all you want is the ability to do this:

Then

app.setPath('@react', './resources/react')

should be sufficient.

If what you’re trying to do is use a react alias in your scripts (i.e. import { Something } from 'react/file') then I’m pretty sure you’re calling alias wrong. It should be:

.alias('react', app.path('@react'))

That is, without the @.

All I’m simply trying to do is compile the JS files in resources/react. I was trying to model after what the @scripts and @styles is setup as, but sadly the documentation wasn’t fully clear on how these are set up, so I assumed they were alias’.

I tried this method here:

app
    .setPath('@react', './resources/react')
    .entry({
        app: ["@scripts/app", "@styles/app"],
    })

However, this is what I get in terminal

[bud@5.8.7] [bud] › ✖  ModuleNotFoundError: Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '@react/app' in '[secure]' 

If I change react: ["@react/app"] to react: ['./resources/react/app'] then everything works fine, but I was trying to keep to how @roots/sage is doing it.

Was wondering if you had more insight to my reply above.

Checking in on this again to see if you can provide any insight to my reply above

Coming back to this, as no response since June, this is what I ended up doing. I think there’s some sort of conflict with @react or @vue which makes sense, but I was able to get the alias’ setup like so:

.alias({
    "@sageReact": "@src/react", // done this way so you can create multiple alias'
})

/**
  * Application entry points
  * Paths are relative to your resources directory
  */
.entry({
    app:    ["@scripts/app", "@styles/app"],
    react:  ["@sageReact/app"],
})