Apache 500 Error: End of script output before headers: index.php

I have a fresh install of Linux, Composer, Bedrock and when I try to access the root directory of Bedrock “/web” I get this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@something.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

In the Apache Logs I check and find:
End of script output before headers: index.php

I am pretty lost to the cause of this issue as it is a default install with no modifications other than the .env config file.

Do you have any ideas of what might be the problem or where I might check for solutions?

Thank you!

Have you run composer install in your Bedrock directory?
What does your development environment look like (i.e. PHP version, server config, etc)?
This sounds to me like it could be a problem with server configuration, which Bedrock doesn’t handle.

I found the solution… problem lies within Apache configurations on folder permissions and only allowing specific to run.

Solved by running permissions command on the bedrock folder and files:

find bedrock -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;
find bedrock -type f -exec chmod 644 {} ;

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.