I’ve run into an interesting hiccup, and I =think= I’ve isolated it to Bedrock.
- MacOS running Valet 2.3.3 / nginx/1.17.2, PHP 7.2.21 / WordPress 5.2.2
- Out-of-the-box-nothing-added-yet Bedrock install via composer
- When I go to the Customize view (/wp/wp-admin/customize.php), media-views.js refuses to load in the page. I see “net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR 200” in the console for the media-views.js file request and subsequent “Uncaught TypeError: … of null” messages.
- Request URL: https://devsite.ffs/wp/wp-includes/js/media-views.js?ver=5.2.2
- Nginx log at ~/.config/valet/Logs shows the following (reformatted for legibility):
2019/08/28 11:19:13 [alert] 260#0: *3 zero size buf in writer t:1 r:1 f:0 00007FE53980A800 00007FE53980A800-00007FE53980A800 0000000000000000 0-0 while sending response to client, client: 127.0.0.1, server: devsite.ffs, request: "GET /wp/wp-includes/js/media-views.js?ver=5.2.2 HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/Users/username/.config/valet/valet.sock", host: "devsite.ffs", referrer: "https://devsite.ffs/wp/wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2Fwp%2Fwp-admin%2F"
WHAT I’VE TRIED
- “valet which” returns “This site is served by [BedrockValetDriver]” if I link my site at the root level. It returns [WordpressValetDriver] if I link my site from its /web folder.
- I’ve tried installing a similar out-of-the-box-nothing-added-yet Wordpress setup using the old-school method of “wp core download”, etc and don’t experience the same error. It shows [WordpressValetDriver] as well.
- I’ve read online that this JS particular file can be problematic if you have an ad blocker or virus scanner running. I’ve disabled all of that and have tried in Chrome and Firefox.
Any idea whether this is a bug or if it’s something I’ve configured incorrectly?