Better WordPress Debugging with Acorn

Acorn will enhance your WP_DEBUG output when WP_DEBUG && WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY are enabled.

We recommend installing Ignition on your sites for the best error handling experience in WordPress.

Read more on our blog:

9 Likes

Hey there, thanks for the post!

Just a quick question: after I upgraded to Acorn v3, I try to install the laravel-ignition package, but I get this:

Problem 1
    - Root composer.json requires spatie/laravel-ignition ^2.0 -> satisfiable by spatie/laravel-ignition[2.0.0].
    - spatie/laravel-ignition 2.0.0 requires illuminate/support ^10.0 -> found illuminate/support[v10.0.0, ..., 10.x-dev] but these were not loaded, likely because it conflicts with another require.

Do you know what might be the reason here?

1 Like

I also had this problem - are you running the installation from the terminal in Local? Because for me, shifting that to a normal Terminal command seemed to resolve it.

Not sure I quite understand. I run it in the terminal (iTerm2).

I set up my WP install via Local (localwp.com). Within that you have an option to open a terminal from which to run commands; running the install there caused the same error you have.

Whereas when I opened a ‘normal’ Terminal on the Mac, navigated to the same area and installed it, it worked fine with no errors.

Obviously this may not be your set-up, just what happened to me.

Ah, no, I don’t use Local. I have my project set up with Laravel Valet.
And directly working with the normal terminal.

Anyway, thanks for the answers :slight_smile:

1 Like