Big Sur (11.0.1 (20B29))

Glad to hear that. And yes, the nfs mount type in Vagrant requires additional installation and setup in OSX before it can be used.

1 Like

It runs but I’m just getting 502 (bad gateway). You can launch the *.test URL?

Yes, everything is up and running again. Do you see the files and folders when you vagrant ssh into the local server and check the srv/www/*.test directory?

Ps. I had to do a vagrant destroy and vagrant up --provision before I had it working again.

Ps2. I also had to run the command vagrant hostmanager because the servers IP wasn’t showing in my etc/hosts file

vagrant hostmanager did the trick! thanks!

Now I get really bad performance issues. Anyone that expiring the same here?

Are you currently using NFS for the synced folders, or SMB?

virtualbox that Freshcode is using

Hi everyone. That fix also worked for me! But I also hat to do vagrant hostmanager Thank you.

But before the “Big Sur” Update and switching the vagrant_mount_type I was able to run vargant up for different projects with no problem.
Now only the first VM I execute vagrant hostmanager on will work. The others boot up without an error, but the browser won’t find anything under the local address.
Only after I destroy all VMs and remove ~/.vagrant.d/ it works for that first VM I do vagrant hostmanager on.

Is this somehow connected to the change of vagrant_mount_type?

I also tried to switch it back and give nfs the needed permissions.

But this resulted to the original problem. What am I missing?

Have you set up your OS X system for NFS?

Note the section starting with ‘For OS X, sudoers should have this entry:’.

Isn’t there a way to get the routing fixed with mount_type VirtualBox?
I use trellis, so I don’t have to worry about vagrant’s and other configurations.

The strange thing is, it used to work when I followed all the steps in the trellis docs.

The Link doesn’t reference a specific entry.

For OS X, sudoers should have this entry:

Cmnd_Alias VAGRANT_EXPORTS_ADD = /usr/bin/tee -a /etc/exports
Cmnd_Alias VAGRANT_NFSD = /sbin/nfsd restart
Cmnd_Alias VAGRANT_EXPORTS_REMOVE = /usr/bin/sed -E -e /*/ d -ibak /etc/exports
%admin ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: VAGRANT_EXPORTS_ADD, VAGRANT_NFSD, VAGRANT_EXPORTS_REMOVE

Thanks for this! Where and what file should this be added?

For *nix users, make sure to edit your /etc/sudoers file with visudo

Just a note from a Drupal VM user. I experienced the same issue with vagrant-hostmanager and downgrading from Vagrant 2.2.13 to 2.2.10 fixed it.

2 Likes

@oxyc : Many thanks! I’ve spend some hours trying to solve this issue…

I’m on Arch Linux. Vagrant is the culprit.

Downgraded to 2.2.10, destroyed the Vagrant VM and recreated it without the error.

Wait until Vagrant 2.2.14 is released.

1 Like

Vagrant 2.2.14 can now be downloaded!

Picked up a newer mac and got it all up to date with Big Sur.

Running all the latest and greatest offerings from all the required tools for a trellis project but I am running into some issues. Luckily I still have my old macbook to get work done while I attempt to get past the issues here on this new one.

I cloned down a previous project and ran vagrant up without any issues.
Attempting to visit the local dev url and its says unable to connect.

Attempting to re provision and I get the following message:

ERROR! couldn't resolve module/action 'ipify_facts'. This often indicates a misspelling, missing collection, or incorrect module path.

The error appears to be in '/Users/joshb/Documents/_development/_trellis/trellis.project.build/trellis/roles/common/tasks/main.yml': line 153, column 7, but may
be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.

The offending line appears to be:

- block:
    - name: Retrieve SSH client IP
      ^ here
Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be
visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

I found this discussion but it did not help.

Is anyone using Big Sur yet and run into any issues? I haven’t been able to find much information about Roots and Big Sur.

Still at it here.
This is the only relevant similar issue I am able to discover:

I have followed @fullyint’s instructions but it’s not helping.
Does anyone know what the issue may be?

I managed to figure this out. I believe I had installed node via brew vs pip and when attempting to change versions via nvm it remained stuck at version 10 until I uninstalled it all together and reinstalled via pip.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.