Blank page server. using bedrock

i know that you can push developing in 3 stages.
all the time i am working on localhost and then need copy through ftp to some subdomain (staging) after the site is approve i need to copy back to my localhost, make a backup of database and move to production website. its annoying.

thats why i want to learn this . will be much faster . i am correct ? i am really newbie in this, i think best way is to buy the screencast with Capistrano. There is everything what i need for deploying between localhost, staging, production? thanks for your patience

You’ll still need to manage backing up the database yourself.

The Capistrano screencast would probably be helpful, but you should probably spend some time learning how to provision a VPS too.

i never heard about provision. can you give me some link where i can learn it please

To provision a VPS just means to setup a server with the software that you need it to use. For Nginx, search for a LEMP stack how to, or for Apache, LAMP stack how to.

Moving from shared hosting to Bedrock isn’t the kind of thing we can support on these forums. You need to have a good grasp of the basics and/or wait for a screencast.