Bud dev slows down and public keeps growing with hot-update files

Hello!

I have encountered a persistent issue during my development workflow using yarn bud dev. The problem revolves around the continuous growth of the public folder with hot-update files, leading to increased disk usage and potential performance degradation. Additionally, with each code change particularly when adding Tailwind CSS classes, the browser becomes noticeably slower, but opening the URL in a new tab temporarily resolves the issue. It appears that there may be some form of memory accumulation or resource leakage during the hot-reloading process.

Configuration:
Here is the relevant configuration from my package.json file:

"devDependencies": {
  "@roots/bud": "^6.11.0",
  "@roots/bud-eslint": "^6.11.0",
  "@roots/bud-prettier": "^6.11.0",
  "@roots/bud-sass": "^6.11.0",
  "@roots/bud-stylelint": "^6.11.0",
  "@roots/bud-tailwindcss": "^6.11.0",
  "@roots/eslint-config": "^6.11.0",
  "@roots/sage": "^6.11.0",
  "stylelint-config-property-sort-order-smacss": "^9.1.0"
}

And here is an excerpt from my Bud configuration file (bud.config.js):

export default async (app) => {
  app
    .entry({
      app: ['@scripts/app', '@styles/app'],
    })
    .assets(['images'])
    .watch(['resources/views', 'app'])
    .proxy('http://projectname.local')
    .serve('http://localhost:3000')
    .setPublicPath('/wp-content/themes/projectname/public/');

app
    .extensions
    .get('@roots/bud-stylelint')
    .setOption('fix', true);
};

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Run yarn bud dev in your development environment.
  2. Observe the continuous growth of hot-update files in the public folder.
  3. Notice the browser becoming slower after each update, but resolving the issue temporarily by opening the URL in a new tab.

Expected Behavior:

1. The public folder should not accumulate excessive hot-update files during development.
  2. The browser should not experience performance degradation with each update during hot-reloading.

Additional Information: To address the growing public folder issue, I have attempted manual deletion of the hot-update files by entering yarn bud clean, but this approach is time-consuming and not sustainable in the long run.

I would appreciate any insights or solutions. If there are any specific configurations or workarounds I can try, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention and assistance!