Bug? Custum template does not apply when page is set as static homepage in reading settings

Bug? Custum template does not apply when page is set as static homepage in reading settings?

When i create a Wordress Page and assign a custom Template in the Page Attributes, then only the head.php, header.php and footer.php gest rendered. The contents of the custom Template does not render…

When I use that same page as a normal page and not as a Static frontpage in the reading settings, then everything renders correctly. Anybody an idea?

Page Templates aren’t a known issue with Sage. So it’s hard to guess what could be wrong here.

My guess is double checking your included page templates and make sure there are no typos: https://github.com/roots/sage/blob/master/template-custom.php#L9

I think I have the same problem. The page that I set to the “static home page” do not render properly.

And you’ve set up a front-page.php template?

Indeed sage reads the front-page.php template correctly, but not the custom template that i assign to the WP page that I set in WP reading settings as static front-page.

Which folder is the right one to put the “front-page.php”? I’m not sure here.

This is the intended behavior… Look at the template hierarchy, it shows that if there is a front-page.php, then that is what is loaded, regardless of the “page template”.

In the root of the theme. Also, this doesn’t sound like you have the same problem as pmualaba, so you probably shouldn’t tag on to this thread.

1 Like