Build Before Syncronize Files Stalls without verbose output

I have successfully deployed multiple times to this server.

This build-before hook stalls indefinitely with no output when running --verbose.

- name: Copy project local files aka Copy production assets
    synchronize:
      src: "{{ project.local_path }}/web/app/themes/my-theme/dist"
      dest: "{{ deploy_helper.new_release_path }}/web/app/themes/my-theme"
      group: no
      owner: no
      rsync_opts: --chmod=Du=rwx,--chmod=Dg=rx,--chmod=Do=rx,--chmod=Fu=rw,--chmod=Fg=r,--chmod=Fo=r

I have tried deleting the previous aborted releases.

Now I am trying updating to a newer version of rsync. Currently using:

rsync  version 2.6.9  protocol version 29

Latest version rsync version 3.1.3 protocol version 31.

Asible: ansible 2.9.5

Going to try downgrading to match vagrant_ansible_version: '2.7.12'

Now using ansible version 2.7.12.

I’m not sure if these messages are relevant:

Using /path/to/trellis/ansible.cfg as config file
/path/to/trellis/hosts/development did not meet host_list requirements, check plugin documentation if this is unexpected
/path/to/trellis/hosts/development did not meet script requirements, check plugin documentation if this is unexpected
/path/to/trellis/hosts/production did not meet host_list requirements, check plugin documentation if this is unexpected
/path/to/trellis/hosts/production did not meet script requirements, check plugin documentation if this is unexpected
/path/to/trellis/hosts/staging did not meet host_list requirements, check plugin documentation if this is unexpected
/path/to/trellis/hosts/staging did not meet script requirements, check plugin documentation if this is unexpected

I can rsync as admin manually:

/Path/to/web/app/themes$ rsync -avP mytheme admin@159.203.XX.XXX:/srv/www/americareny.com/current/web/app/themes/

But it outputs permissions errors.

When I rsync as web it seems to work: web@159.203.XX.XXX, but I’m not sure what user ansible is connecting as or what all of the chmod options in the example rsync_opts are doing or how to run them manually.

My internet connection was causing the problem. Thanks, AT&T. Somewhere between a nightmare and a learning experience.

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.