Cache Directory not present or writable issue

Hi there,

Having this issue when installing Acorn. I get no errors when installing or when I build however after I set my sage theme as the WP site theme, I am given this error. Can’t find any information on it really. When i install Acorn, the directory it points to doesn’t exist. I’d assume if it was needed it would create it as i don’t believe this would come standard in sage (at least it doesn’t in sage 9). I have tried to create the directory manually and give it the correct permissions but I still get the same error.

/var/www/portfolio/wp-content/cache/acorn/framework/cache directory must be present and writable.

Any thoughts at all?
thanks
Rob

Have you tried any of the Acorn WP CLI commands? Might worth giving the following a try:

wp acorn vendor:publish

Thank you. I’ll try those, I don’t usually use any of WP CLI stuff as I’ve never needed them before but I’ll give it a try, thanks!

You can also try manually creating that directory,

I have tried to create the directory manually and give it the correct permissions but I still get the same error.

Already tried that, didn’t work.

Have you checked ownership as well as permissions? The directory should be writeable from the point of view of the running php-fpm process. For Trellis, I believe that’s web:www-data, but it may be different for you.

Try chown -R web:www-data /var/www/portfolio and make sure everything is mode 755 (chmod -R 755 /var/www/portfolio).

Sorry about that, missed it in your post.

Managed to solve the issue, chose the solution answer. It has presented me with another issue but I’ll open a new thread for that one.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi @RobHowdle, I am facing the same issue on my side today.
I was wondering how you where passing through that one ?
Can you share ?

Ok, there was a confuse under users/group rights between my local, my vm’s /vagrant-nfs/… and /srv/www/… directories and files :man_facepalming:

Trashed my vm and rebuild it from the grave with “trellis up” did the cleanup.