Call to undefined function get_template_part() error on roots theme

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_template_part() in /var/www/public/wp-content/themes/digit/index.php on line 1

Hey guys, I am getting this error in my php error logs. I have a feeling it is also messing with my javascript because I am queueing them up correctly. I have queued jQuery, following by Owl Carousel and then main.js. However it is throwing me a javascript error saying this:

Uncaught TypeError: t(...).owlCarousel is not a function

I have barely touched this theme, all I have done is enqueue one plugin and put an image in the header so far.

I’m completely beat, been trying to work this out for hours and have gotten nowhere. Cant keep workin on my theme until it is resolved. Anyone had this issue?

If get_template_part() is not defined, as it is a standard WP function, something sounds very off with your installation.

I know right… Might just have to scrap it all and start from scratch. Weird though, its just scotch-box with the basic wordpress install and then sage installed over that. Not exactly a huge amount that can go wrong there. :confused:

Hard to say, I’ve never used the scotch box

Please keep your files inside a WordPress installation themes folder if you are using roots/sage. That solved my issue.

Thanks