Deploy not working (subtree?)

I’ve researched this here and it seems it has to do with the subtree setting in the wordpress_sites.yml

Development works fine.
I can ssh into digital ocean and see it appears to be provisioned. I can see the ansible folder and other things.

I have subtree uncommented, but when I try to deploy I get the error below. Any ideas?

TASK: [deploy | Move project subtree into root folder] ************************
failed: [000.000.000.000] => {“changed”: true, “cmd”: “mv /srv/www/domain.com/releases/20150905203121/site/* /srv/www/domain.com/releases/20150905203121”, “delta”: “0:00:00.005775”, “end”: “2015-09-05 20:31:27.471353”, “rc”: 1, “start”: “2015-09-05 20:31:27.465578”, “warnings”: []}
stderr: mv: cannot stat ‘/srv/www/domain.com/releases/20150905203121/site/*’: No such file or directory

You only uncomment subtree if you have the Bedrock site in a sub-folder of the git repository. If your repository root is a Bedrock install then you wouldn’t use subtree. And if your Bedrock folder is in a sub-folder but not called site, you would have to change that as well

Hooray! Works almost. Production is up but only the 5-minute WordPress install page.

Which folder am I supposed to track in my repo? The project folder? Is the roots-example-project repo a prototypical example? I will try that.

Thanks! This thing is awesome!!!

In my first attempt I was tracking the site folder and I could deploy, but I could only see the 5-minute install page.

I just tried deleting my git repo and tracking the project root instead (just like roots-example-project), but I get the 5-minute install page again.

What am I doing wrong?

Is this the way it’s supposed to work? (hmm… maybe so) :smile:

Deploys don’t do anything with the database.

ok. thanks. It’s working now. In a typical workflow, would you recommend tracking the project folder or just the site folder?