Error creating new bedrock project

I am trying to generate a new bedrock project. I am running composer create-project roots/bedrock <path> and I keep getting this error:

[ErrorException] ZipArchive::extractTo(vendor/composer/b6341258/roots-bedrock-235548d/.env.e xample): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I thought something may have gotten lost in my git clone so I deleted and recloned it. All files look to be present. Also, when I try to add dev-master to the command, I get this:

`Installing roots/bedrock (dev-master c45c538c64d68b77feb27d6b8112283acd74b3a9)

• Installing roots/bedrock (dev-master master)
    Cloning master
    [ErrorException]
    proc_open(): CreateProcess failed, error code - 123`

Am I doing something wrong? I’ve done this several times before and it’s worked fine so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here.

I’ve never seen either of those error, but for now create-project should only be run with dev-master until new release is published to Packagist (which is long overdue).

The 2nd one seems like a Composer/setup issue (local PHP perhaps) since it’s happening so early in the process at the cloning stage.

Related:

It appears that the error is due to there being a space in the directory where I had my git clone. Moving it to another directory seems to make the script run just fine.