Error on installing mariadb-client

Hello!
I’ve got a strange error, while installing mariadb-client Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I use WSL and fresh installation of trellis, vagrant and remote server (Ubuntu 18.04). Provision goes fine on staging, but fails on production. Full error text:

TASK [mariadb : Install MySQL client]             **************************************************************************
System info:
Ansible 2.9.10; Linux
Trellis version (per changelog): "Removes ID from Lets Encrypt bundled certificate and make         filename stable"
---------------------------------------------------
'/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o "Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef" -o "Dpkg::Options
::=--force-confold"      install 'mariadb-client'' failed: E: Unable to
correct problems, you have held broken packages.

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
fatal: [62.109.9.184]: FAILED! => {"cache_update_time": 1595499437, "cache_updated": false,     "changed": false, "rc": 100, "stderr_lines": ["E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken     packages."], "stdout": "Reading package lists...\nBuilding dependency tree...\nReading state     information...\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that     some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n mariadb-client : Depends: mariadb-client-10.2 (>= 1:10.2.32+maria~bionic) but it is not going to be installed\n", "stdout_lines": ["Reading package lists...", "Building dependency tree...", "Reading state information...", "Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have", "requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable", "distribution that some required packages have not yet been created", "or been moved out of Incoming.", "The following information may help to resolve the situation:", "", "The following packages have unmet dependencies:", " mariadb-client : Depends: mariadb-client-10.2 (>= 1:10.2.32+maria~bionic) but it is not going to be installed"]}

I’ve tried rebooting, reinstalling remote with no luck

Have anybody faced the same issue? how can i solve that?

That’s my bad =D

i just didn’t notice my host installs a control panel by default.
If anybody will face that issue, double check your ubuntu installation is clean

1 Like

Yes, minimal Ubuntu system or reinstalling it with an Ubuntu ISO (cloud panel).

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.