Error on TASK: deploy | Run pre_build_commands_local on Ansible host

Hi there,

I followed the tutorials and documentation and everything runs smoothly till I run the deploy:

./deploy.sh production "my_domain"

then after I while I get this error:

TASK: [deploy | Run pre_build_commands_local on Ansible host] ***************** 
fatal: [xx.xx.xxx.xxx -> 127.0.0.1] => Authentication or permission failure.  In some cases, you may have been able to authenticate and did not have permissions on the remote directory. Consider changing the remote temp path in ansible.cfg to a path rooted in "/tmp". Failed command was: mkdir -p $HOME/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1432570819.53-30883468750567 && chmod a+rx $HOME/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1432570819.53-30883468750567 && echo $HOME/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1432570819.53-30883468750567, exited with result 1

FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting

PLAY RECAP ******************************************************************** 
           to retry, use: --limit @/Users/vicensfayos/deploy.retry

xx.xx.xxx.xx              : ok=7    changed=4    unreachable=1    failed=0  

looks like the user responsible of deploying “web” has not privileges to this folder… but it should as long as is executing the command in $HOME no?. My knowledge of linux administration is not so big so any guidance will be appreciated

thanks,
Vicens.

Never seen this error before so tough to help. I’ve seen straight up folder permission errors before and this one is different. Leads me to believe that it might be erroring on the local command and not actually on the remote server.

That’s not too much help but if you were debugging by checking the remote server, it might be something on your local machine since pre_build_commands_local runs commands locally.

Maybe related: