Errors renaming bootstrap cache packages

I’m running into an issue with a couple Sage10 themes on WPE. Both themes were built yesterday off the current Sage10 repo (I was waiting for #2611 to be merged!) and they’re running mostly great, but there’s a weird issue I am clueless to debug.

I see this error in the storage/logs log. My guess is that I want to move the bootstrap cache to the same dir as my Blade cache (WPE doesn’t allow theme dirs to be writable) but I am not very familiar with what’s going on in this corner of the app.

[2021-03-04 01:28:22] production.ERROR: rename(/nas/content/live/[wpe-install]/wp-content/themes/burnstore/bootstrap/cache/packages.phpjELuMX,/nas/content/live/[wpe-install]/wp-content/themes/burnstore/bootstrap/cache/packages.php): Permission denied {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): rename(/nas/content/live/[wpe-install]/wp-content/themes/burnstore/bootstrap/cache/packages.phpjELuMX,/nas/content/live/[wpe-install]/wp-content/themes/burnstore/bootstrap/cache/packages.php): Permission denied at /nas/content/live/[wpe-install]/wp-content/themes/burnstore/vendor/illuminate/filesystem/Filesystem.php:209)

I have been using Sage10 in WPE for a few months now, no errors on my builds prior to #2611.

On a first glance tHis looks like a permission issue.
Have you ensured the owner and permissions (chown -R youruser [...]/bootstrap; chmod -R 666 [...]/bootstrap)? Does it work afterwards?

1 Like

I agree! It sure does look like a permissions issue. From an SSH session into the virtual production server, the permissions look ok (they match my local values), but I think there is a higher-level restriction on write access that I can’t see from my console session.

Can I move the bootstrap cache to a writeable path, the same way I move the Blade cache?

Quick bump here—is it possible to alter the path used for the bootstrap cache?

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.