Errors running `yarn` in new sage installation

Installing sage 9 into bedrock and yarn is failing due to:

gyp ERR! build error 
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/Users/me/Local_Sites/bedrock/app/bedrock/web/app/themes/sage/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:262:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:200:13)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:272:12)
gyp ERR! System Darwin 18.6.0
gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/Users/me/Local_Sites/bedrock/app/bedrock/web/app/themes/sage/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild" "--verbose" "--libsass_ext=" "--libsass_cflags=" "--libsass_ldflags=" "--libsass_library="
gyp ERR! cwd /Users/me/Local_Sites/bedrock/app/bedrock/web/app/themes/sage/node_modules/node-sass
gyp ERR! node -v v12.4.0

Any thoughts on what’s going wrong here?

Hey @richard - did you try searching Discourse for similar error messages? :slight_smile: I know there are a couple of threads with similar symptoms that might help you.

Please make sure you have node-sass higher than 4.12.0 as you have node 12.4.0 and node-sass was not supporting it until 4.12.0

2 Likes

Thanks, yarn && yarn build is now working with node 10.16.0.

Please mark it as resolved so the following people will be able to see the solution. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.