Fatal error Instaling Acorn as a plugin

When I try to activate acorn I get this errors:

Warning : require_once(/home/grupovi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/acorn/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/grupovi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/acorn/acorn.php on line 14

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/grupovi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/acorn/vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/grupovi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/acorn/acorn.php on line 14

How did you install Acorn?

Read the error:

require_once(/home/grupovi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/acorn/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Does this file exist? The error is saying that it does not, but that it is required by another file.

My guess would be that you need to install Acorn’s Composer dependencies.

I followed this doc instruction:

Do I need to run composer install before uploading to plugins folder?

Looks like that link is incorrect at the moment–we published a small tweak to v1, which appears as the “latest” because it was the most recent tag.

You actually want this: Release v2.0.5 · roots/acorn · GitHub If you download one of the zips that doesn’t say “Source Code,” it will already contain the Composer dependencies, and you’ll have no need to install them before uploading.

Yes, I downloaded version v1.1.1.

I will try with this version v2.0.5

Thanks

@alwaysblank

I was able to install and activate version v2.05.

Thank you for your help

1 Like