Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony - wp-engine

we are attempting to deploy wp-engine we have set up the deployment using deployHQ and all this works great but as soon as we edit a page we get a fatal error

Fatal error : Uncaught Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: syntax error, unexpected ‘version’ (T_STRING) in /tmp/sage-cache/d99cef219e146d4f94079f5e29b1c8e2137db571.php:1 Stack trace: #0 /nas/content/live/spcmultistage/wp-content/themes/spc-v2/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/CompilerEngine.php(59): Illuminate\View\Engines\PhpEngine->evaluatePath(’/tmp/sage-cache…’, Array) #1 /nas/content/live/spcmultistage/wp-content/themes/spc-v2/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(142): Illuminate\View\Engines\CompilerEngine->get(’/nas/content/li…’, Array) #2 /nas/content/live/spcmultistage/wp-content/themes/spc-v2/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(125): Illuminate\View\View->getContents() #3 /nas/content/live/spcmultistage/wp-content/themes/spc-v2/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(90): Illuminate\View\View->renderContents() #4 /tmp/sage-cache/efdcd8415e41bf68a2cd93ccc63deddf5c064987.php(123): Illuminate\View\View->render() #5 /nas/content/live/spcmultistage/wp-content/themes/spc-v2/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine. in /tmp/sage-cache/d99cef219e146d4f94079f5e29b1c8e2137db571.php on line 1

we have changed the view config to ‘compiled’ => ‘/tmp/sage-cache’,

but still get the error.

does anyone one have experince with wp-engine and can guide me please.

site is currently on staging environment if this makes a difference

I found an error in the php i was using @include to include a svg which was throwing a version error

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.