Firefox, forms and Empty string passed to getElementById()

I’m really not sure if this is an issue with Bootstrap, an issue with Sage, or an issue with Gravity Forms.

I’m having a bizarre issue where my contact form is broken, only in Firefox. I’m using Sage (Roots 6.5.2) and Gravity Forms.

I’m not able to type into any of my fields - for example, typing into the name field yields nothing. This is only happening in Firefox, but it’s still kind of a big deal.

I noticed that the dropdown I am using is not automatically populated with a default answer and, when I select any field on my form console is showing the following warning in jquery -

Empty string passed to getElementById()

I’m going to have to pull my contact form and put something simpler there for the time being, but I have an example page with the form in question set up, if anyone wants to put eyeballs on this.

http://smutek.net/contact/ (restored original contact form semi-resolved for now - see below)

My initial searches are making me think that this is an issue related to Bootstrap, but I wanted to post here first in hopes that someone else has experienced the same issue and has some ideas.

I’m really not sure what to do about this. I tried adding jquery migrate on my dev environment, as a shot in the dark, but it didn’t help.

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

Just a quick update - - I have Gravity Forms set to use HTML 5 and to not output CSS because I’m using the Bootstrap CSS.

Interestingly, I just found that setting Gravity Forms to output CSS fixes this. Console still shows the Empty string warning, but the form is functional.

It’s possible that something isn’t playing nice with the latest jQuery version that the theme is including. Can you try commenting out this line in lib/config.php?

add_theme_support('jquery-cdn');

Hey Ben, I just resolved this.

I was using…

.ginput_container {
  input,
  select,
  textarea {
   @extend .form-control;
}

…in my stylesheet to pull in the Bootstrap styles. I commented that line out and added the rules in .form-control to my stylesheet and this got me going again.

Not exactly ideal.

I’ll roll it back real quick, try your suggestion, and post back.

Thanks!

Okay - I tried it and commenting out the line for jQuery CDN didn’t help.

I can live with my solution for now, until I have more time to fiddle with it.