First sage website! 8.5/9 hybrid - love it! super fast and great to work with

Hopefully it’s okay to post this here? Have been playing with sage for a bit now and really like it!

I first tried using version 9 but couldn’t get the setup right and didn’t quite understand everything. The documentation for 8.5 at the time was really great though and everything made a lot of sense with how the code worked, so I installed that.

But in looking at the differences, I really liked how 9 organizes the src and template directories - so I replaced those bits in 8.5 with, what I believe, was 9 alpha 4 at the time (I don’t have any of the blade stuff). I know, I’m probably nuts - but that setup super makes sense to me, it’s so easy for me to develop on and has been working great.

I also pulled out bootstrap and replaced it with UIKIt, which I’d been wanting to try (although didn’t actually really use with my first website)

Anyway - I might be nuts and have issues trying to get updates, but I really like it. So thank you to the developers and everyone who contributes to it and answers questions here on the forums!!

I did use Beaver Builder’s page builder with it, which is maybe bloating it a bit more than it needs - but it makes design/dev so much faster - and the site is still super fast and gets A’s for PageSpeed and YSlow - YaY! All thanks to sage:

digitalmuse.com

Thanks everyone!
Abby

We always encourage people to customize Sage as they see fit so good job making it work for you :slight_smile:

That’s the most important thing anyway since you’re the one developing on it.

Yeah it was terrific for that! This was my first starter theme I’ve used because I had issues with every other one I’ve looked at. I guess I’m a bit of a control freak with my code, but this has been pretty much perfect :slight_smile:

Can you please share your implementation for this customization? I’m also looking to integrate Sage9 flow minus blade. Not because Blade is bad, but I don’t have much time to learn it.

It would be great to see how others are implementing such customization.

PS: I know some would say that Blade is easy to learn, but putting stuff you’re just experimenting with/are beginner with in production environment is simply not my thing.

You can rename your .blade.php files to just .php and work with regular PHP.