We have a need for an experienced WordPress developer with a focus on Sage or similar framework familiarity to work on multiple projects and help an existing team of devs. It’s a contract position and it can be remote, but you need to be able to work UK timezone hours.
- Development and maintenance of Classic Editor and Gutenberg WordPress sites.
- Write efficient maintainable code using web development and testing best practices.
- Ensuring yours and the team’s code is tested/reviewed to the highest standards.
- Monitor website performance, performing refactors & optimisations where necessary as well as bug fixing.
- Create and maintain documentation for software, processes & code used.
- Clear communication with the team and utilizing project management tools such as JIRA.
- 3+ years of experience working on full-stack WordPress development. Proven track record of developing custom WordPress themes with Advanced Custom Fields and ACF block development.
- Exposure to Gutenberg custom block development a nice to have.
- Experience in building multilingual websites using plugins like WPML.
- Using Git for version control.
- Knowledge of working with Docker.
- Strong understanding of SEO principles and accessibility standards.
- Working in an Agile dev environment is second nature (important)
- Keen to take ownership of and pride in your work
- Creating an atmosphere where people can be productive, authentic to who they are and enjoy what they do
- You’re highly organized and detail oriented; someone we can rely on to know the answers, or where to find them.
- Enthusiastic, confident, and warm; you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other, and has fun with it along the way!
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama.
- Responsible for maintaining multiple websites for successful global brands
- The opportunity to be yourself and collaborate with other bright minds in a relaxed, innovative culture
- High chance of follow work or opportunity the team is looking to grow.
Please contact me directly with a CV and some examples/ github etc… and I can send you the full job description.