Get back from Bedrock to ordinary structure

Hello folks,

I overtook a Wordpress site managed by Bedrock and would like to get back to the ordinary folder structure. How can I get back to normal? Thanks for your replies.

The difference are the three main folders: plugins, themes and uploads.
And plugins and themes are not managed by composer.The configuration like database connection settings is not managed by environment variables. So you could copy the contents of those folders from a Bedrock WordPress site into the corresponding folders of a stock WordPress installation.

May I ask why you want to do this? A Bedrock site can be much easier used in Docker or a VM and backuped up / deployed, too.

Hello starsis,

you are absolutely right, Bedrock has a lot of advantages, if you know how to use it. The problem is that the guy who maintained my website knew how to use Bedrock but he is not in my team anymore. The new developer has no idea of Bedrock and I try providing him a surface he knows.

Thanks for your reply tho, it helps a lot :slight_smile:

This topic may also be interesting for you (in case you have this specific issue with URLs):

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.