Install Sage on a server that doesnt allow composer and yarn

Hi Guys,
I know that you are facepalming when you see the subject on this question.

I made a theme for a client. But when I was about to launch the site on their server, I realised that the hosting provider won’t allow me to use either “yarn” or “composer”.

I tried to just build the site locally and then remove /public from the .gitignore file.
Then it said, that I need to run composer.
Then I removed /vendors from .gitignore
And now it just says that “You need to install Acorn to use this theme.”
I hen tried to remove node_modules from .gitignore. But that didn’t help.
So now I’m kind of frustrated.

I know you guys would just suggest me to find another host. But the client wants the site to just auto-update with plugins and WordPress, so I thought I could just build the theme locally and add that to a git-repo. And then ssh to the server and run a “git pull” to update if I make changes to the theme

Do you have a smart solution? :slight_smile:

ps. thank you guys for Sage 10. It runs really fast.

Sage doesn’t require yarn or composer on the server: the intent is that you build dependencies locally, then deploy them to the remote server. We don’t recommend committing dependencies and build artifacts to the repo, but it should work. Have you verified that vendor and public are on the remote server after you run git pull?

Have you installed Acorn?

This won’t solve your problem and you definitely don’t want to be tracking node_modules in your repo.

Hi
I know that node_modules shouldn’t be a part of the git-repo. I was just desperate. :slight_smile:
Will add it to .gitignore againg right away.

I don’t know if I installed Acorn correct since you ask.
I ran “composer update” and “yarn build” on my localhost. Then I commited everyting (including the public-folder) and then pulled the repo on the server.

Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Hi
I know that node_modules shouldn’t be a part of the git-repo. I was just desperate. :slight_smile:
Will add it to .gitignore againg right away.

I don’t know if I installed Acorn correct since you ask.
I ran “composer update” and “yarn build” on my localhost. Then I commited everyting (including the public-folder) and then pulled the repo on the server.

Is there something that I am doing wrong?
I have these files/folders on the server.

Now it works. :slight_smile: I was installing Acorn in the root folder in my Bedrock-setup. Not in the theme-folder. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @alwaysblank thank you thank you