Installing plugins with composer not working correctly (Yoast SEO, Soil)

Hello,

im currently working on a Wordpress project with Bedrock and Sage Theme. Im managing the Plugins with composer. But i have troubles activating the plugins. For example i installed “Yoast SEO” with compser “composer require yoast/wordpress-seo”. When the Plugin is installed an i try to activate it from the Wordpress admin i get the following error:

**Warning** : include(/var/www/vendor/composer/../../web/app/plugins/wordpress-seo/inc/options/class-wpseo-options.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in  **/var/www/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php**  on line  **480**

**Warning** : include(): Failed opening '/var/www/vendor/composer/../../web/app/plugins/wordpress-seo/inc/options/class-wpseo-options.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in  **/var/www/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php**  on line  **480**

The same problem happens when i install the Soil Plugin from roots. Installing some other plugins like “WPML or ACF” went without problems. What im missing here? Do i have any configuration issues?

Im Using Wordpress with Docker Enviroment.

Thanks!

Have you read through the Composer docs for Bedrock? https://roots.io/docs/bedrock/master/composer/#plugins

I’d recommend using composer require wpackagist-plugin/wordpress-seo to properly grab Yoast.

If you let us know which email address you used to purchase a Soil license, we can try to assist you with your issues installing it!

1 Like

Hey,

thank you for your Feedback. Yes i read through the Docs. I think the missing part for me was the NAMESPACE Part. When i install the packages from wp-packagist then i need to use wpackagist-plugin namespace. I think when i want install woocommerce i need the same namespace. But i cant find woocommerce on wpackagist^^

For SOIL. I installed it via composer require roots/soil. When i visit my Wordpress Backend i get following errors:

**Warning** : require(/var/www/vendor/composer/../../web/app/plugins/soil/src/helpers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in **/var/www/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php** on line **71**

**Fatal error** : require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vendor/composer/../../web/app/plugins/soil/src/helpers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in **/var/www/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php** on line **71**

I dont want expose the email public here. Is there any other way how i can tell you my email address?

Ps.: Yoast SEO is now working. Thanks.

Every published plugin on wordpress.org should be available to use through wpackagist

Feel free to email us at team@roots.io with the email you used to purchase Soil and we can get you sorted!

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.