Logrotate and other server emails

Hello,

There are a few posts on here about logrotate but none specifically say if I should be receiving a daily email from the server stating:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

• Re-opening nginx log files nginx
    …done.
  1. I am assuming that since there is no error or warning that I am supposed to be getting this message?
  2. I have a staging and production server up and they both send me the emails but not daily… Some mornings I will have an email from both and some mornings just one of them. Is that strange?

Also, these emails all go to my junk folder. They are from root and to root. The subject line is Cron root@sitename test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily ) I have mailgun set up and working on both servers and all domains.

Is there a way to get this to be better formatted so it stops going to junk?

Thank you,
Josh

Anybody?

Does everyone else get logrotate emails from their staging and production servers?

Do these and the certificate refresher emails and others go to your spam box and just come from root to root or can I customize the to and from so that maybe it does not go to the spam box?

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks @ben,

I have seen and read that post before I created the thread.

It doesn’t specifically state that I should be getting those logrotate emails and that they aren’t errors… just that other people were receiving them. I will just assume those emails are normal.

The more important issue is the spam. I would like to know if everyone’s cron emails go to their spam folders. I sent the headers over to mailgun support and they think it might be that the from address is “root (Cron Daemon)” and that I should get my domain in there.

Is there an easy way to change this with trellis? Why is this the default? Do other’s cron emails go into spam?

Thanks,
Josh