Looking for someone to migrate sage theme (8.5.1) to latest version

Looking for someone to migrate our site from an older version of roots bedrock/sage to the latest stable version and make sure everything is functional and running properly. A lot of copy and paste of files and reorganizing files for new folder structure. Also want to update bootstrap to its latest version and make sure all classes/styles are updated appropriately throughout code base where needed. Bootstrap 4.0 (current version) to Bootstrap 5.0.

1 Like

So you want to update a Sage 8.x based theme to Sage 10, right?
Sage 8 is gulp-based, Sage 9 and 10 are webpack-based, Sage 10 specifically uses laravel-mix for simplifying boilerplate webpack configuration.

The PHP theme runtime also changes, with Sage 9 and 10 both using composer 2 dependencies and elevated PHP version requirements.

Are you able to chose your PHP version, 7.4 or even 8?
Are you using WSL 1/2 or *nix and a node version manager or preferred/enforced node version?

Image processing would be more tricky - is the Sage 8.x theme using anything besides basic imagemin image optimizations?

So you want to update a Sage 8.x based theme to Sage 10, right?

Yes, the goal is to upgrade the base theme to the latest version. Then ensure codebase (added custom code) is all updated to be compatible with bootsrap 5 such as classes and javascript (currently bootstrap 4).

Are you able to chose your PHP version, 7.4 or even 8?

Yes we may need to keep it at 7.4 because we have some custom built out plugins that may not be compatible with 8.

Are you using WSL 1/2 or *nix and a node version manager or preferred/enforced node version?

Yeah we are using *nix on mac for development work.

Image processing would be more tricky - is the Sage 8.x theme using anything besides basic imagemin image optimizations?

No just out of the box functionality.

I was budgeting around a $1,000 to do the migration…

Yes, I am interested. How much time should it take, can I have a peek into the source so I can get an impression of the size of the project?

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.