Merging Thrive Themes with Sage

Hi.

I’m trying to figure out if/how I should go about merging an existing theme (in this case Thrive Theme of https://thrivethemes.com/) with Sage. I want to maintain the native functionality of Thrive Themes, which includes interoperability with their own plugin stack, conversion optimization and testing features, a visual builder, and so on.

I realize this might go against the philosophy of building using Sage for speed, but this is a learning project as well as something I’m hoping to extend my stack with.

The only similar topic I could find is Merging BS4 Theme with Sage 8.5.0 which unfortunately has gone unanswered.

Are there any best practices for merging sage with existing themes?

The Thrive Themes child theme only includes an empty style.css and the following functions.php:

defined( 'TVE_EDITOR_URL' ) || define( 'TVE_EDITOR_URL', get_template_directory_uri() . '/architect/' );

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', function () {
	$parent_style = 'parent-style';

wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
	wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css', [ $parent_style ], wp_get_theme()->get( 'Version' ) );
} );

Can I add this above code to sage/resources/functions.php?

Hey there! Since Sage is a starter theme you can really build it out however you’d like

Sure, if that’s where you’d like for it to live :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.