Missing Extending Sage Page and WPML

Hi!

I’m following the Sage Book, which is Awesome by the way, and there is a reference to this non-existing page.

So I found the github version.

And I’m seeing you don’t recommend anymore WPML. I love that Sage it’s very opinionated, and I would like to know which plugin (or alternative) do you recommend now to manage translations.

Also there is a lot of debate over performance of localization plugins, but no real independent test.

Thanks!!

1 Like

:grimacing: I’ll update the book because that docs page was indeed removed recently. I’ve made a note to create a top-level page outside of the docs where we can maintain a list of plugins/tools we recommend using, since this wasn’t really specific to Sage :smiley:

As far as WPML alternatives go, Polylang and Multilingual Press both seem to be well regarded.

3 Likes

What about the Redirect plugin?
It also offers watching posts for permalink changes.

Used to use that until I came across https://wordpress.org/plugins/safe-redirect-manager/ years ago. Redirection is a very heavy plugin.

1 Like

@ben then, as I understand, right now there is no preferred multilingual plugin for you, is it?

I’ve found some other minor mistakes in the book, where should I report them?

Officially, there’s not. WPML was previously listed because we had been using their affiliate system, but no longer wanted to officially recommend it.

Please send over to ben@roots.io - thank you!