Move sidebar to the left

Hey all,

I need to develop a site for a client with the sidebar left. I wonder if there is a simple way to switch positions of primary content and the sidebar?

Cheers!

Use push/pull or cut and paste to rearrange their order in base.php.

1 Like

Excellent! Rearranging base.php worked (basically moving the sidebar code inside content and before main). From your experience, which would be the preferable way to go about it, is there a downside to any one of them?

It depends on the design and the content.

From what you’ve described, I would use the push/pull to keep the sidebar after the main content on mobile. Of course if you have nav elements in the sidebar you may want that first, making the cut/paste more appropriate.

You may also want to check for any related Bootstrap issues, especially if you are supporting older browsers.

+1 to the post above, when moving to mobile where everything stacks I’d probably want to keep the main copy up top most of the time so in that case I would use bootstrap’s push/pull.

Thanks guys, i’ll check out the push/pull option.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I am also trying to see what the best option is to move the sidebar from the right to the left.

I tried the push/pull method mentioned above, but it also pushes/pulls my home page - which is not good, because there isn’t even a sidebar on the homepage. Has anyone made this work?

I also can’t unfortunately have the sidebar display above the main content of a page in mobile view, so it seems I have to make the push/pull method work if I am going to make this happen at all.

Thank you!