Moving server, bedrock newbie

I have been asked to move a roots.io bedrock wordpress site (at least, it very much seems to be bedrock from googling some of the functions and looking at the site structure. Until this project, I had never dabbled in bedrock at all.

I grabbed all files and the database and uploaded to our server. I changed the .env file to use our db connection info. I then updated the dns to point to our server.

However, I got the error “The requested URL was not found on this server.”. html pages worked great, but none of the site content pages, nor WP pages such as /wp/wp-admin/

I double checked the files, the new and old servers compared exactly, except the .env file which I changed.

Is there anything else I need to do? I have reverted the old A record to get the site working again, but will try to set up again tonight.

Thanks for any help

It could be an issue with nginx rewrites? I would check there for possible url rewrite issues.

Did you set the document root on your server to bedrock’s web directory?

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies, will check both out…

Thank you thank you thank you. The site is up and running, I had not set the root to the web directory.

4 Likes