New trellis/bedrock/sage install not adding /public/images, or /font directories

Hi - so this is a brand new install, and I’ve tried a few different times but no luck. Everything is the latest versions I believe, and everything installs otherwise. The theme is there and can be activated and used, etc.

But - under the public directory no /images or /fonts directories are being added. I’ve repeated with a clean installs 3 times, to no avail, but the same approach a week ago worked fine. Any ideas or help gratefully appreciated.

Can you expand on this? By “added”, do you mean during a deploy?

If you run Sage’s build command locally do they exist?

Hi @swalkinshaw . No, I mean on a local install on yarn build. I add - for example - a font into the resources/fonts directory, run yarn build, nothing appears in the public version of that directory.

Tell us how to exactly reproduce this issue

I thought I had, apologies, there’s no great detail to add.

1. To recreate the issue, set up a fresh, vanilla install of sage, bedrock and trellis on a lima server.
  2. Next, add a font into the resources/fonts directory
  3. Run yarn build and check to see if the related directory has been created in ‘public’.

The issue I’m having is that no folder appears in the public version of that directory.

This isn’t a Trellis issue.

You need to actually use the font somewhere in your build if you’re wanting it to be included in your built files. If you don’t want to use the font in your build and you still want it to show up in the public directory, you’ll need to modify your Bud config:

-.assets(['images']);
+.assets(['images', 'fonts']);
1 Like

Sorry, I was sure I’d done that. Apologies for wasting your time