Nginx never starts when I boot or reboot the VM (vagrant up or reload) and must be started manually

Hi, as title explain it, I must start Nginx at every startup of my VM (local dev) with vagrant command.

When I go (ssh) into the VM to check Nginx status (sudo service nginx status), I got:

nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy 
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; disabled; vend
   Active: inactive (dead)

The config seems ok:
sudo nginx -t
nginx: [warn] “ssl_stapling” ignored, no OCSP responder URL in the certificate “/etc/nginx/ssl/website.com.cert”
nginx: [warn] “ssl_stapling” ignored, no OCSP responder URL in the certificate “/etc/nginx/ssl/website.com.cert”
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

I don’t find anything about this problem in Roots Discourse.

I found information about how to enable Nginx at boot in Ubuntu 16.06 with the systemd file or other manipulation by command line, but I don’t want to modify the default setup made by Trellis.

Is anyone knows if Nginx is supposed to start with vagrant up please? (I guess there would be something telling to start manually Nginx in the Trellis documentation if it was the case…

And if yes, how I can fix it following how Trellis works.

Thank you

See the reported bug: https://github.com/roots/trellis/issues/979

For the fix, apply this change to your Trellis installation:

…and make sure to re-provision :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @ben, sorry that I missed the issue in my search, I was too precise in my terms of research I supposed.