Not private connection for non wordpress subdomains

I’ve setup a Wordpress website on a Digital Ocean droplet using Trellis.
On the server I created a new folder for a subdomain, which contains a php index file.
It worked, but then I added SSL with Trellis to my main site.
Now I can’t see my subdomain anymore because the connection is not private.
I don’t need it to be. But it can be.

I don’t know where to start with fixing this.
I don’t think I should use Trellis Multisite, because I’m only using one Wordpress instalation.

this is my wordpress_sites.yml:

wordpress_sites:
mydomain.nl:
site_hosts:
  - canonical: mydomain.nl
    redirects:
      - www.mydomain.nl
local_path: ../site # path targeting local Bedrock site directory (relative to Ansible root)
repo: git@gitlab.com:Halfacht/halfacht.nl.git # replace with your Git repo URL
repo_subtree_path: site # relative path to your Bedrock/WP directory in your repo
branch: master
multisite:
  enabled: false
ssl:
  enabled: true
  provider: letsencrypt
  hsts_include_subdomains: false;
cache:
  enabled: false

Apologies if this sounds dumb but what do you mean by your domain is not private?

Also, did you get any errors when provisioning after updating wordpress_sites.yml?

As for the Multisite bit, you shouldn’t use it unless you intend to. Use cases could be that the project is a huge blogging network with different sub sites (think of Kotaku and Life Hacker, they are managed by Gawker).

It seems like @Halfacht wants to run a simple PHP site in another directory on the same host that Trellis is provisioning.

This isn’t a supported Trellis use case. There are some threads on this forum about doing this, but I can’t recall how successful any of them were.

I would recommend, instead, running the simple PHP site on a separate droplet. Provision it using something other than Trellis (I like runcloud) and deploy using whatever method you like (Runcloud supports Git deployment natively but you could easily just use FTP). This keeps your two concerns nicely separated and lets Trellis do what it’s good at.

Yes, that is indeed what I am trying to do.
It feels dumb to have another (for me expensive) droplet for some pages that will hardly have any traffic.

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.