[now filled] Long term freelancer wanted

We have a SAAS product built on Sage, Bedrock, Trellis. It’s under continual development, both in terms of custom functionality of our product, and design.

The theme was built in a rush, and I’ve since butchered it. Given that we’re going to be working on this for at least a few years, I’m keen to switch from Sage 8 to 9.

I’d like someone to come onboard and help with the theme switch, as well as improve the design (like somehow I lost the margins down the back of the sofa, and perhaps we need to move the secondary nav to a vertical sidebar rather than a second horizontal bar), and other general WP stuff (next on the list is using WooCommerce, Subscriptions, Memberships and Teams for Memberships to automate our user setup process).

You’d be contributing to a product which is changing children’s lives. Users love the results - we get feedback like

I am well impressed with this system - it’s amazing - just what we need and more importantly what young people with social, emotional and mental health needs need us to do with and for them

I’m based in the UK, our backend dev is Holland. Both of us tend to work late so most US timezones are easy to communicate with. We communicate by Slack, and the project is mostly managed in GitHub projects.

Due to the sensitive nature of the data we process (and GDPR) we’ll need a processor agreement with you, and a confidentiality agreement. In return we offer a friendly flexible environment, and pay 5% on top of your invoices to cover time you contribute to OSS projects.

This is a long term gig - not a ‘bosh it off in a week and walk away’ kinda thing. Ideal side-gig - a few hours a week/month would be perfect for us.

If you’re interested, I’d love some details of your hourly rates and the kinda work you love getting your teeth into. You can pm me here (@ng3) or find me in the Roots (@ Neil ) or WordPress (@ neilgilmour) slack.

1 Like

@ng3 pm sent :slight_smile:

Added you on slack. Please check

Thanks for all the responses folks. We’ve found someone very polite who’s coming on board to help us out.

1 Like