Open_basedir issue

Is there anyone out there who might be able to explain I’m getting the error below? The target file is in the allowed paths, correct? What are the concerns about disabling open_basedir altogether?

Warning: is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/vagrant/.aws/config) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/www/:/tmp:/home/vagrant/.aws/) ...

and same thing happens without the trailing slash

Warning: is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/vagrant/.aws/config) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/www/:/tmp:/home/vagrant/.aws)

This looks like Vagrant. Is this a Trellis development Vagrant box?

Yes, you are correct.

When you want to restrict access to only the specified directory, end with a slash.

So either you remove the slash for the directory containing .aws/, or explicitly add it.

Thanks for finding this @strarsis. My issue was actually that I created the .aws directory in the wrong location :expressionless:

So for anyone else who runs into trouble with AWS SDK:

• The config for open_basedir can be found in roles/wordpress-setup/templates/php-fpm.conf.j2. Use a trailing slash depending on your needs. e.g.

php_admin_value[open_basedir] = {{ www_root }}/:/tmp:/home/{{ web_user }}/.aws

• Make sure the directory actually exists! In my case, even though the .aws folder is empty, /home/{{ web_user }}/.aws still needs to be present.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.