Other plugins loading in head

I have a photo gallery plugin that is loading in the head and throwing an error since jquery.js is loading in the footer. Is there some trick in Roots to make it load in the footer as well?

Can you show the code for that plugins wp_enqueue_script or wp_register_script? It sounds like it might not be properly doing it.

If a plugin enqueues JS that depends on jQuery and tells it to not load in the footer, jQuery will automatically be moved to the head.

Sure thing, it’s in a couple places:

/*
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Load WP jQuery library.
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
*/
function easmedia_enqueue_scripts() {
	if( !is_admin() ) {
	  wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
	}
}

if ( !is_admin() ) {
  add_action( 'init', 'easmedia_enqueue_scripts' );
}

/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Put css file and add Custom Icon for Easy Media Gallery
/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
function add_my_admin_stylesheet() {
  wp_enqueue_style( 'easmedia_admin_styles', plugins_url('includes/css/admin.css' , __FILE__ ) );
}

add_action( 'admin_print_styles', 'add_my_admin_stylesheet' );

function easmedia_print_sort_scripts() {
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery-ui-sortable' );
    wp_enqueue_script( 'easmedia_easymedia_sort', plugins_url('includes/js/func/easymedia_sort.js' , __FILE__ ) );
}

function easmedia_print_sort_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( 'nav-menu' );
}

easmedia_easymedia_sort depends on jQuery right? The wp_enqueue_script call needs to reflect that. See http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script / contact the plugin author.