Play Recap Meaning

What does the Play Recap signify. I see after running trellis droplet create staging that a server was created on digital ocean, but I also see a failed=1 in the Play Recap.

TASK [common : Checking essentials] ********************************************
changed: [142.93.14.94] => (item=build-essential)
ok: [142.93.14.94] => (item=curl)
ok: [142.93.14.94] => (item=dbus)
failed: [142.93.14.94] (item=ghostscript) => {"ansible_loop_var": "item", "cache_update_time": 1665767528, "cache_updated": false, "changed": false, "item": {"key": "ghostscript", "value": "present"}, "msg": "'/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef\" -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold\"       install 'ghostscript=9.50~dfsg-5ubuntu4.6'' failed: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 6969 (apt-get)\nE: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?\n", "rc": 100, "stderr": "E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 6969 (apt-get)\nE: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?\n", "stderr_lines": ["E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 6969 (apt-get)", "E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?"], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}
ok: [142.93.14.94] => (item=git)
failed: [142.93.14.94] (item=imagemagick) => {"ansible_loop_var": "item", "cache_update_time": 1665767528, "cache_updated": false, "changed": false, "item": {"key": "imagemagick", "value": "present"}, "msg": "'/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef\" -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold\"       install 'imagemagick=8:6.9.10.23+dfsg-2.1ubuntu11.4'' failed: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 6969 (apt-get)\nE: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?\n", "rc": 100, "stderr": "E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 6969 (apt-get)\nE: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?\n", "stderr_lines": ["E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 6969 (apt-get)", "E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?"], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}
changed: [142.93.14.94] => (item=libgs-dev)
changed: [142.93.14.94] => (item=libnss-myhostname)
ok: [142.93.14.94] => (item=python3)
ok: [142.93.14.94] => (item=python3-software-properties)
changed: [142.93.14.94] => (item=python3-mysqldb)
changed: [142.93.14.94] => (item=python3-pycurl)
changed: [142.93.14.94] => (item=unzip)

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
142.93.14.94               : ok=8    changed=1    unreachable=0    failed=1    skipped=11   rescued=0    ignored=0   
localhost                  : ok=0    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=0    skipped=1    rescued=0    ignored=0 

Confirmed that it failed, however, retried and it seems to be working now.

From Ansible playbooks — Ansible Documentation

A playbook is composed of one or more ‘plays’ in an ordered list. The terms ‘playbook’ and ‘play’ are sports analogies. Each play executes part of the overall goal of the playbook, running one or more tasks. Each task calls an Ansible module.

So that recap is the breakdown of tasks by status. You can see there were failures in the “Checking essentials” task trying to install two packages.

Those “Could not get lock” errors for apt packages are often fixed by running it again.

Yea this is fascinating stuff! So Trellis essentially abstracts the technicalities of Ansible?

If want to configure Cloudflare SSL on my origin would I install the extension at GitHub - TypistTech/trellis-cloudflare-origin-ca: Add Cloudflare Origin CA to Trellis as a SSL provider and not use Let’s Encrypt?

I wouldn’t even say abstracts. Trellis itself is just a collection of Ansible playbooks and roles pre-configured for WordPress servers. It is very much just Ansible and doesn’t change or hide it.

trellis-cli goes a little further and (optionally) abstracts away the underlying Ansible commands for a better user experience.

I believe so :+1: never used it myself.

Could you post this as a new topic please? We try to avoid these run on topics where it’s one separate issue after another. It makes search results less relevant and makes it less likely for other people to contribute to the thread (since the title is now unrelated).