Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed

Having an issue with file and or directory permissions. Perhaps due to admins being allowed to upload themes and or plugins. As Ben mentioned Permission Issues Fresh Bedrock Install it is better not to do this. It was needed in the end though so had to go ahead.

Now I get this error though:

Connection Information To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web server. 
Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web host. 
Hostname example: www.wordpress.org FTP Username members_publiqly FTP Password ••••••••••••••••••••••••• This password will not be stored on the server.

I checked the logs and found:

PHP message: PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - 
headers already sent by (output started at /srv/www/sub.domain.com/releases/20171017052436/web/wp/wp-admin/includes/file.php:1678)
 in /srv/www/sub.domain.com/releases/20171017052436/web/wp/wp-admin/post.php 
on line 198 PHP message: PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - 
headers already sent by (output started at /srv/www/sub.domain.com/releases/20171017052436/web/wp/wp-admin/includes/file.php:1678)
 in /srv/www/sub.domain.com/releases/20171017052436/web/wp/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216" 
while reading upstream, client: xx.xx.xxx.xxx, server:sub.domain.com, request: "POST /wp/wp-admin/post.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm-wordpress.sock:", host: "sub.domain.com", referrer: "https://sub.domain.com/wp/wp-admin/post.php?post=483&action=edit"

I get this error sporadically on saving posts. I did not find white spaces in the file.php and post.php mentioned and config looks fine.

I could add define('FS_METHOD', 'direct'); but I really do not want to and I am trying to figure out why this is happening. These errors do not really help out and I did not find any unusual file permission issues so far.

What chown and or chmod command could I do to reset all to standard Trellis file and directory rights and permissions? Perhaps I can at least reset them.