Radicle questions

I haven’t bought Radicle yet, but I’m so keen to give it a whirl. Is there any docs or links/videos that can give me more info? Especially when it comes to pros/cons/workflows?

Howdy!

There aren’t any videos at this time. Happy to answer any questions if you can be a little more specific!

I don’t know how I missed the docs, thanks for that!

We primarily build real estate websites, and we our devs constantly rip code from other builds while creating new projects, and it’s inefficient. We use Bedrock and I’m thinking about building out our starter theme using Sage 10. Radicle basically solves 90% of my issues I have with WordPress dev.

Is Radicle a boilerplate that I’d modify, save to my own private repo with all my requirements and theme functionality in it, which would then get cloned for each new project? Or should I start each new project by cloning Radicle, then importing any extra functionality? Obviously both would work, but I’m curious to hear your thoughts.

I’m so stoked to see Lando as one of the local dev options! I wanted to use Trellis, but didn’t want to purchase Parallels for our M1 MacBooks (although virtualisation looks to be just around the corner). We currently use SpinupWP to manage our sites, as it’s a little easier for our devs to launch their own sites. Can you give me a TL;DR on some of the benefits of deploying directly to a Droplet instead of using something like SpinupWP?

I’d guess that the former would be the way to go. Any upstream changes from Radicle could be pulled into your boilerplate if it makes sense to do so!

If you’re a macOS user I’d definitely recommend giving Trellis a shot with Lima

Trellis and Lando aren’t the only local dev options, Radicle just happens to include configuration for them. There’s Radicle users using other setups such as Valet and DDEV.

I think that just mostly depends on how much control you’d like to have over your infrastructure

Got it, thanks for the answers! That’s very helpful. I’m 99% convinced we’ll switch to it, but I have some other tasks to complete before I completely change our workflow.

I read about Lima last night, so I’ll definitely check it out today.

Thanks so much for the responses!

1 Like