I just installed roots/bedrock and cannot seem to not even get a login error message on this new install.
I verified the following:
- Password Hash/MD5 - I tried a new install with a simpler/short password without special chars
- Looked throu access.log and error.log for anything out of the ordinary
- verified that home and siteurl entries in wp_options table are correct (point to /wp/)
- tried different browser and incoknito mode (no chrome plugins)
This is where the login-form resides http://www.naturentdecker.at/wp/wp-login.php
I include some debugging output (the _SERVER[‘REQUEST_METHOD’])
Interesting enough, when you press Login you get a 301 redirect to wp-admin, but it doesn’t seem to show up in the logs. This is what Chrome Debugger shows:
Remote Address:18.104.22.168:80 Request URL:http://naturentdecker.at/wp/wp-login.php Request Method:POST Status Code:301 Moved Permanently Request Headersview source Accept:text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8 Accept-Encoding:gzip,deflate,sdch Accept-Language:en-GB,en;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.6,de;q=0.4,sv;q=0.2 Cache-Control:max-age=0 Connection:keep-alive Content-Length:138 Content-Type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded Host:naturentdecker.at Origin:http://www.naturentdecker.at Referer:http://www.naturentdecker.at/wp/wp-login.php User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 Form Dataview sourceview URL encoded log:dsajkl pwd:hdjkashdkjsa rememberme:forever wp-submit:Log In redirect_to:http://naturentdecker.at/wp/wp-admin/ testcookie:1 Response Headersview source Alternate-Protocol:80:quic Content-Length:241 Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8 Date:Fri, 02 May 2014 09:49:31 GMT Location:http://www.naturentdecker.at/wp/wp-login.php Server:ghs X-Frame-Options:SAMEORIGIN X-XSS-Protection:1; mode=block
My guess to what’s wrong
- There needs to be some special dir options for the /var/www/naturentdecker/web root in the apache config?
- Some security plugin that is installed as default interferes with the empty DB on fresh installs?
- My Apache is somehow broken?
Why don’t I get at least a login error message (wrong password)?
Can anyone help me debug this, so I can get bedrock running?