This is was based from my experience so for those who are getting this issue just follow this steps.
The one that I’ve missed was the bower installation. -
npm install -g bower and
- git repo – git clone git://github.com/roots/roots.git
- After cloning the roots repo, rename the file to your theme’s name
- Move it to theme’s directory
- Edit wp-config.php and place
define('WP_ENV', 'development');at the top of the file
- Activate your theme and follow “Theme Activation” guide here - http://roots.io/roots-101/
- Start installing grunt and bower using this command
npm install -g grunt-cli bowerif you are getting error with this command, you will have to run sudo and type this command instead
sudo npm install -g grunt-cli bowernote: if you already run this command you don’t have to run it again. Test grunt and bower if they already installed to your machine. run command
gruntfor grunt and run command
bowerfor bower. (in my case I only run this command
npm install -g grunt-cliwhich doesn’t install bower – so I run this command
sudo npm install -g bower)
- Navigate to your theme’s directory and run
npm installagain if this get error run it with sudo, then run
bower install. Wait till the download is finish.
- Navigating to your sites will still appears with no styles. You have to build your css files. In order to do this you have to run
grunt devyou will see few files will be created including css files.
- Done! I hope this helps!