Roots Share Buttons - Facebook thumbnail missing

Dear Roots team,

I’m experiencing an issue with the Facebook share functionality on my Sage website. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the Roots Share Buttons plugin or a misconfiguration. I hope to have this fixed as soon as possible as Social features are important for this project.

When I’m trying to Share a new blog post via Facebook, I get the Post Title and Excerpt, but I don’t get to see the corresponding Post thumbnails or the Featured image. Facebook let’s me choose between some other images from my website but they have nothing to do with the blog post I’m trying to share.

It’s quite annoying as I try to promote my new project in multiple related Facebook groups and it’s all about the photography. You can access my website via this link.

For test purposes, please try to share this blog post

Could you please help me with this issue?
Thank you in advance!
Best Regards

Nothing related to the plugin, you don’t have an og:image. Most SEO plugins handle that automatically or let you easily set it.

Thanks @benlobovits. What’s the recommended way to implement this for a dynamic site?
I’d like to be able to use the Featured Image as the Share thumbnail…

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/ does that automatically

Thanks again, I’m not in favor of installing heavy plugins.
I’ll have a look at the plugin or maybe I’ll go for this approach. Hope this works with Sage too.
Thanks for your lightning-fast reply! I appreciate it!