Roots Share Buttons Tweet counts error

Hi from Spain to everyone,

I’ve noticed that tweet button doesn’t show counts in any post of my client website.

Trying to figure out why I’ve seen that it’s the only one that fires two new tabs with the same url for sharing. It’s weird because the other buttons work normal.

You can see here in one of the posts

No errors in console. Could be a plugin problem?

Thank you very much,

I’ve never heard of or seen the issue you’re experiencing with the popup loading twice.

I’m digging into the Twitter count issue right now and coming across some unpleasant news:

https://blog.twitter.com/2015/hard-decisions-for-a-sustainable-platform

Update Nov. 20, 2015: As described above, we have now shipped the updated Tweet Button and removed the Tweet count endpoint.

Thanks for the quick response Ben.

Regards,

More info:

http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/opinion/2436016/twitter-kills-share-counts-hands-end-of-dirty-stick-to-distributors

Looks like I’ll need to remove the share counts for Twitter in the Roots Share Buttons plugin. :thumbsdown:

Roots Share Buttons 1.1.0 has been released and it removes the Twitter share count.

@ibanlopez can you reproduce your popup issue without other plugins and on a theme without any changes?

Yup, sure. But I’m trying to fix this first which is not related to the topic:

MacBook-Pro-de-Iban:casualhoteles ibanlopezperez$ gulp /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/casualhoteles/wp-content/themes/casualhoteles/node_modules/gulp-sass/node_modules/node-sass/lib/extensions.js:148 throw new Error(['libsassbindings not found in ', binaryPath, '. Try reinstallingnode-sass`?’].join(’’));
^

Error: libsass bindings not found in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/casualhoteles/wp-content/themes/casualhoteles/node_modules/gulp-sass/node_modules/node-sass/vendor/darwin-x64-46/binding.node. Try reinstalling node-sass?
at Object.sass.getBinaryPath (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/casualhoteles/wp-content/themes/casualhoteles/node_modules/gulp-sass/node_modules/node-sass/lib/extensions.js:148:11)
at Object. (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/casualhoteles/wp-content/themes/casualhoteles/node_modules/gulp-sass/node_modules/node-sass/lib/index.js:16:36)
at Module._compile (module.js:435:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:442:10)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:311:12)
at Module.require (module.js:366:17)
at require (module.js:385:17)
at Object. (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/casualhoteles/wp-content/themes/casualhoteles/node_modules/gulp-sass/index.js:157:21)
at Module._compile (module.js:435:26)`

Ok Ben, this only happens on this website. Even uninstalling all the plugins.

But unable to reproduce this issue in another new theme from scratch or even in one that’s working fine after installing the pluging.

Sorry for the time spent here, but It must be something related to javascript. This website has a few integration scripts that I cannot control.

Thanks for your job and to all the team for the great job with roots.

@ben or anyone know of any hacks/fixes for adding back in the Twitter share count?

Sure, you can install version 1.0.4.