I’ve noticed that my theme, which I’ve migrated from beta 1 to beta 2, stopped showing the whoops error renders. At first I though it was due to my own composer dependencies. I’ve removed them and I think it worked briefly (think).
Even though it disappeared after beta 2 it could be I’m not familiar with Whoops or it’s scope. For example, I’ve made a carbon fields block outside the App namespace. Would this break the error handling?
Developing without error handling simply is an nightmare. Try to traceback a simple error like syntax error by eye
Does anyone have some pointers to figure out where my theme breaks and how to re-enable the whoops error handling?
disclaimer. I’ve posted this similar question yesterday. But I thought it was caused by a custom composer package. So I deleted the post. Turns out that was not the case.
Thanks @strarsis ! This brings back some error notifications.
I’ve first added the first ref to my functions.php then the second.
the first made sure I was able to print errors outside of blade. But not inside of blade. The second enabled it in blade. After removing the second the blade error displaying DID stay enabled.
Both references did not gave back the Whoops error rendering. But I would suspect add_filter('acorn/throw_error_exception', '__return_false'); disabled that.
Could this be a cache issue as well? Beta 2 gave me many cache issues. Each ‘yarn dev’ I clear the bud cache and remove the acorn cache, otherwise I have funky css and php results of not updating the new code.
Would this give any more pointers on where the problem may lay? The error displaying again is great. But it’s not being displayed in Whoops.
I have beta 2 and I see Whoops for common errors (I’m not on bedrock by the way), but if I remember well, in some situations it didn’t work properly. And I think it happened to me in beta 1 as well, but I am not sure. I will be vigilant.
Ah yes. I think I’ll roll back to beta 1. That one felt stable enough for me. I’ve released a few sites on beta 1 without issues. (will release another site tomorrow with beta 1) Beta 2 got me crying for two weeks now I understand Bud is new. Even though I manage with beta 1, I’m way too rookie for beta 2 to add something to the development and I think I’ll wait for beta 3 to let Bud mature a bit.
I’ve had issues with the mentioned workaround above also A deliberate broken var returned an error display. But removing a global deceleration raised no error display and resulted again in a blank screen.