Sage 10 CLI installer and settings up the theme

I’m trying out creating a new theme using dev master:

$ composer create-project roots/sage your-theme-name dev-master

Sage 9 CLI installer allows you to set theme up, but I’m not seeing a way to do this with Sage 10.

It was mentioned in another thread to use sage-cli, but I also see that it’s marked as archived. I was curious about using no framework, and it essentially removed the assets folder and everything in it. The package also didn’t help me update the theme name and version. Maybe this package being archived isn’t the right way to go?

What should we do to set up the project? Is it currently a manual process? Thanks!

@asuh - Yeah, it’s not included at this time. And I’m not sure what the plan is. You’ll need to roll your own css framework if you don’t want to use bootstrap.

That said, Laravel Mix is pretty great. It’s not too difficult to roll tailwind into the theme either. I’m using postcss and vanilla css. I have tailwind configured but honestly, I don’t know a thing about it and I have a tight deadline 0.0. You can look through a couple of recent discussions I created to learn more. =)

Best of luck.

Thanks, Alex! I think my next step is to study how the framework configuration works in Sage 9 and mimic the result in Sage 10. Bummer that at least the theme setup process isn’t ported over where I can quickly update style.css quickly. Hopefully framework config will be mostly straightforward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.