Sage 8.5 main.js not seeing output

Hello again.! I had newly put a topic this week about having error when running the command npm start and already marked as solved after I had realized I was just using 8.5.0 version instead of 9.0 to use this command. After that I then started using commands from 8.5.0. But during my development using this version and decided to use main.js to do some test function like alert or logging to console. Surprisingly it wasn’t working even though the scss/css are all working as I already started styling the site.

So I’ve decided to use my copy of Sage Theme version 8.4.2 just to see if the problem is in my computer as I’d never encountered this problem before. As I expected, it’s all working fine, the js and css files during gulp watch command as well as in production build as opposed to 8.5.0 version.

What do you think is the problem here? Please guide me guys… But at the moment I think I have to use the lower version to continue building the site I’m working on as we probably need to use javascript.

Randy :weary:

No clue since this post doesn’t really give us anything to go off of.

What exactly does this mean? Is there a failure during the watch? Does it not trigger the task that needs to get triggered?

What exactly does this mean? Is there a failure during the watch? Does it not trigger the task that needs to get triggered?

There are no errors showing during watch, but the only problem is in the javascript. My changes there are not showing up in the browser and with no errors displayed in console area to give us an idea what’s happening, though all css are working fine. This problem is from Sage 8.5.0 version. But I’m not having this problem in 8.4.2 version so I’m using this one at the moment.